Saturday, February 5, 2011

First Daughter Books

I know, I know, It's almost 11 AM and this is my third post today but I want to talk about some books I read. It's fiction about president's daughters. I've read Liberty Porter First Daughter, books 1 and 2, by Julia DeVillers. And I've read First Daughter: White House Rules, the sequel to First Daughter: Extreme American Makeover,  by Mitali Perkins. I've only read the second,White House Rules, but I'm checking the first out of the library today.

Both series share a lot of common features. A few if their similar features are: starting a new school, enjoying White House "perks,"and realizing just because you're the First Daughter doesn't mean you get everything.  The other details are most specific because one of the books is more for teens, so some of the details have to do with her blog and her boyfriend; and the other book is more for 8, 9, and 10 year-olds, so the details involve getting in trouble and not using the White House and the Secret Service Agents to do get advantages in school and with friends.

I really like both books and I think you should to if you read them.
Comments? Tell me if you've read any First Daughter books. Do you want to? Thanks!




PS: For my usual viewers, I'm not doing a Taylor Swift video for this post but I'll continue next time!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for writing about my LIBERTY PORTER books. I'm glad you like them. And I agree with you about Mitali Perkin's books- they're great and inspired me, too!

    ReplyDelete