Saturday, July 9, 2011

Last day in Paris!

Bonjour! This is my last post before home! Tomorrow is Goodbye Paris!

Day: Saturday, July 9th
French Word of the Day: Chevaux.
Translation: Horses
What I Did in Order: Woke up at 10:30 am. Got dressed. Went to The Louvre. Stood in line. Went in. Saw all these Italian paintings and sculptures. I liked the babies. Looked at the gift shop. Bought something for someone. Left. Ate lunch. Went to Haagen Dazs for ice cream. They didn't have any plain chocolate. Started walking backto the hotel and looking for ice cream. Got back to the hotel with no luck. Playyed on the computer. Went to the Jarden De Luxembourg to go to the playground and look for plain chocolate ice cream. The playground was too crowded. Got ice cream. Ice cream had chocolate chunks in it. Dad finished ice cream. Went to bookstore. Bought French comic book to use to learn French. Learned the word for horses: Chevaux. Went back to hotel. Went out to dinner. Walked around. Went home. Wrote post.
What I tried: Oops! Nothing!
One (or two) Funny Things I Saw: All this weird stuff in the gift shop including a Mona Lisa rubix cube.
The Fashion: Today I decided that one of the biggest fashion statements in France is jackets. There are SOOO many different kinds of jackets. Also decided that I want all the dresses in paintings from like the 1600s.
Favorite Thing Today: Looking at paintings of baby angels or as my father says: cherubs.
What I Learned Today: The word for horses in French
What I'm Looking Forward to Tomorrow: Going home!

6 comments:

  1. Interesting that the French don't go for chocolate icecream. Give your Dad a hug from me. Have a safe flight home. I can't wait to see you. Grammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to you coming home too! I can't wait to see you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grammy: Ohh they have lot's of fancy chocolate ice cream, like dark chocolate, and chocolate chocolate chip, JUST NO PLAIN CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A Mona Lisa rubix cube? Puzzling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome home. Grammy just reminded me about your blog. Now I'm excited to read all about your trip. I'd like to see you in one of those dresses from the 1600s too. --Aunt Max

    ReplyDelete